Monday 8 December 2014

Day 89: Medellín


Curiously, after yesterday's jokey reference to bike campaigners asking for more generous cyclestreets days, today it seemed that had actually happened. It was a national holiday, meaning the shops were mostly shut, and people were out on bikes taking advantage of yet more closed-off roads (pic). Perhaps I should try joking about winning the lottery.


I spent the day chilling out, and doing a few things you can't do at home, such as watch Premiership football live on terrestrial TV. Being the end of a holiday weekend, all the buses back to Bogotá were full. I was very lucky yesterday to get what must have been the last available seat, thanks to smiling at the nice lady and using my best Spanish. This was my last glimpse of Medellín, one of the many hillside neighbourhoods, seen from the bus station (pic); from here it's the start of a long, long journey home.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for writing such an interesting, entertaining and inspiring blog. (I was so inspired I went out and bought a small lightweight laptop like yours). I hope the journey home goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete