Wednesday 22 October 2014

Day 42: Chivay: Hot springs

I got a morning bus back up the awesomely scenic Colca Canyon. It was excitingly full of locals en route to work in the fields, wielding spades and picks and bags full of things that smelt of alpaca. I couldn't photograph any of this as it was too tightly squeezed for me to get my camera out my pocket.


At Chivay, the service town at the head of the canyon, I walked a few kilometres along the top of the canyon (pic). It was sweaty work, but fortunately I was heading for the town's thermal baths, nestled in the hills.


I spent a couple of hours lounging in the hottest and most scenic pool (pic), mostly having the place to myself on this quiet weekday morning. And, mindful of fellow passengers on my afternoon bus back to Arequipa, I took a taxi back to town rather than attempt another sweaty walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment